CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

You can’t see, taste or smell it but it can be deadly. Install a Carbon Monoxide Alarm Today To Save Yours & Your Family’s Life.

What is Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning?

Gas, LPG, Oil and Solid Fuel appliances can produce Carbon Monoxide which is a highly poisonous gas. This gas is produced when the appliance is unsafe and not burning the gas completely.

Six Symptoms To Look Out For:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea/Vomiting
  • Breathlessness
  • Collapse
  • Loss of consciousness

If any of these symptoms only occur when you are at home but disappear when you leave home or if anyone else in your home including pets experience the same symptoms and that they appear at the same time –

  • Open doors and windows to let in fresh air.
  • Turn off gas appliances at the meter.
  • Call Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999 if in immediate danger.
  • See your GP or Hospital Immediately and let them know that you suspect Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. (They will do a blood or breath test to check)
  • Get your appliances and flues checked by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning can make you feel unwell with symptoms similar to Flu, Food Poisoning, Viral Infections and Fatigue. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning occurs when you breathe in the poisonous gas and it replaces the oxygen in your bloodstream, without oxygen, the body tissue and cells die. Long term effects of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can include paralysis or brain damage.

Contact Invicta Gas if you have any of the following on your Gas appliances

  • Yellow or Orange Flames instead of Blue.
  • Dark Staining on or around the appliance.
  • Pilot light frequently blowing out.
  • Increased condensation inside windows.

Fitting a Carbon Monoxide Alarm will save lives.

Invicta Gas Limited & Gas Safe Register advise you to fit an audible Carbon Monoxide Alarm in every room that has a gas appliance. This will sound the alarm to alert you to a Carbon Monoxide leak. Invicta Gas Limited sell Carbon Monoxide Alarms at competitive prices, please contact us for more information.

Invicta Gas Limited & Gas Safe Register advise you to get your appliances serviced and maintained annually by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to reduce the risk of a Carbon Monoxide Leak.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is often mistaken for something else!

Helpful Links:

Gas Safe Register – https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help-and-advice/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/

NHS Website – http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/Pages/Introduction.aspx

HSE Website – http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/co.htm